Last updated on September 28th, 2017 at 01:12 pm
The Portuguese Web Archive (www.archive.pt) is looking for an administrator for its large-scale distributed system.
The system administrator we are looking to strengthen our team will be in charge of operating and maintaining the quality of the results provided by a web archive system composed by more than 60 servers.
- Higher education on Computer Engineering.
- Experience on design, operation and administration of large-scale distributed systems exposed on the Internet.
- Technical knowledge on Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, Java and Linux.
- Experience on technologies to monitor and manage distributed systems (e.g. Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Rex, Puppet, Chef, SpaceWalk, Jenkins).
- Distributed processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase).
- Web informationm search (e.g. Apache Solr, Lucene);
- Web archiving tehcnologies (e.g. Heritrix, Wayback Machine, NutchWAX);
- Software management platforms (ex. Selenium, SonarCube, Ant, Maven, Git, SVN).
- Load balacing and fault tolerance tools (e.g. LVS).
We appreciate your help disseminating this offer.