Keynote talks: why and how to preserve the Web?
- José Pacheco Pereira, this historian was one of the first Portuguese public figures to highlight the problem of web ephemera
- Julien Masanès, is the “father” of the web archiving in Europe, edited the first book in the world on this subject and currently leads the Internet Memory Research
- Daniel Gomes, initiated and manages the public service Arquivo.pt, he is a researcher in the area of Webpreservation since 2001
Before lunch get to know in firsthand the Announcement of the Arquivo.pt 2018 Prize, which will aim to foster innovative research using resources preserved from the Web.
During the lunch, which we are pleased to offer, you can chat with the speakers and the Arquivo.pt team.
Workshops: research use cases and training
Research using Arquivo.pt
Get to know the research work already done in several areas using Arquivo.pt.
- Transformations of the Websites of Portuguese Newspapers (Communication Sciences)
- The Straight-Edge in the metropolitan area of Lisbon (Social Sciences)
- Memory of FCSH on the Web: Virtual Exhibition (Information Science)
Preservation and access to Web memory
Learn how to get the most out of the Arquivo.pt services and how to publish your information so that it can prevail for the future.
- New ways of searching the past
- How to publish information on the web so that is preserved
- Automatic processing of information preserved from the Web (API)
Registration is free but the number of seats is limited.
The online world is wonderful but we would love to see you live too.
Come and celebrate with us!