Last updated on May 6th, 2021 at 10:46 am
What is Arquivo.pt?
Arquivo.pt preserves millions of files collected from the web since 1996 and provides a public search service over this information. It contains information in several languages.
Millions of web pages are published daily. However, after a short notice, the vast majority of this information becomes unavailable and is irreparably lost.
The Arquivo.pt 2019 Award aims to promote innovative works based on the historical information preserved by Arquivo.pt.
The works must be practical applications or studies based on the information accessible through Arquivo.pt, which demonstrate the usefulness of this public service and the importance of preserving the information published online.
Works can focus on topics from any field (e.g. Education, History, Sociology, Communication, Health or Computer Science).
A careful consultation of the following criteria is essential for a successful application:
- Arquivo.pt Award 2019 Rules (in Portuguese)
- Notice about the Arquivo.pt Prizes 2018 (in Portuguese)
- Technical requirements of the video
- Document template for the description document (.docx) (in Portuguese)
The works can focus on any theme, as long as Arquivo.pt is used as the main source of information.
Applications for the Award must clearly demonstrate the usefulness of Arquivo.pt for the presented work.
Who can apply?
The submitted works can be developed individually or as a team. In both cases, the application will be submitted on behalf of a single responsible individual.
Values of the Awards
- 1st place: 10 000 €
- 2nd place: 3 000 €
- 3rd place: 2 000 €
May 3rd, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. (Lisbon time)
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted in Portuguese using an online form and include:
- a short Description of the work following the template (max. 2 000 words excluding captions and bibliography)
- a short Video following the technical requirements (max. 3 minutes)
Applications must be submitted through the following form:
- Submission Form (requires a free Google account)
Publication and dissemination of submitted projects
Submitted projects may be published without compensation. But authorship will be always guaranteed (Creative Commons Attribution By-Law).
- Rogério Raposo – Technology
- Paulo Farinha – Communications
- Sandra Isabel Correia – Entrepreneurship
- Teresa Salema – Management
The jury can request face-to-face presentations of the works. These presentations will take place at FCT-FCCN (Av. Do Brasil 101, Lisbon, Portugal). Alternatively, they can be performed remotely over the Internet.
The Jury will nominate only the top 3 winners, and no ratings will be published for the remaining works.
- Technical quality of the application (clarity, presentation, structure)
- Originality and innovation
- Maturity of the work
- Social impact (application and societal impact)
- Scientific impact (application and scientific impact)
- Relevance of Arquivo.pt usage
Release date for results
The winners will be announced during the Science 2019, which will take place between July 8 and 10.
Useful references about Arquivo.pt
- Page search
- Image search (experimental)
- APIs for automatic processing
- Common questions
- Technical and scientific publications
Promotional materials (in Portuguese)
- Arquivo.pt Award 2019 Poster
- FCT Press release
- Arquivo.pt Award 2019 promotional video
- Official annoucement on FCT website
- Radio spot (Youtube)
- Meet the winners of the Arquivo.pt Award 2019!
- Arquivo.pt Awards 2019 launching event
- President of the Portuguese Republic launches Arquivo.pt Award 2019
- Arquivo.pt 2019 Award: Submissions are open!
- Arquivo.pt Award will be back in 2019!
- See more about the previous edition of Arquivo.pt Award (2018)
High Patronage of the President of the Portuguese Republic
Arquivo.pt Award 2019 is under the High Patronage of the President of the Portuguese Republic Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa.