Last updated on June 8th, 2021 at 09:03 am
- How does image search work?
- How does advanced image search work?
- What does the date on the image mean?
- Can I search images by category (e.g. Economy)?
- Can I select the size/format of the image?
- Can I select a period of time in image search?
- How long does it take until an image is available for searching after it has been archived?
- What are the sources from the collected images? Only “.pt” domains?
- Can I choose the source of the images I want to search?
- Can I get additional information about the image?
- Are there any restrictions on the use of the available images?
- Am I protected against images with inappropriate content?
- Can I request the removal of images that identify me?
- Can I suggest sources of image collection?
How does image search work?
Arquivo.pt Image Search enables you to find for images that were preserved by Arquivo.pt. This means that it can find images from pages that are not available anymore on the live web. Users can also restrict search to a specific time period. Every result has a link to the web page which contains the image (preserved by the Arquivo.pt).
How does advanced image search work?
Advanced Image Search enables search for full sentences, exclude certain words and images from a given site (e.g. search for images from the past from a government website only).
What does the image date means?
It is the date when the image was obtained from the web to be archived.
Can I search images by categor?
No. At this time, it is only possible to search for images related to the queried keywords.
Can I select the size/format of the image?
Yes. visit the “Advanced Image Search” page for more information.
Can I select a period of time in image search?
Select from the calendars below the search box to show the date filter. Don’t forget to click “OK” after selecting the date and click the “Search” button after you selected the desired time period.
How long does it take until an image is available for searching after it has been archived?
One year due to the embargo period.
What are the sources from the collected images? Only “.pt” domains?
The source of the collected images are the pages preserved by Arquivo.pt. Although there is a greater amount of information collected from the “.pt” domain, there are also images and pages collected from other domains.
Can I select the source of the images I want to search?
Yes. When searching for images, you can restrict the search of images to a specific site. On the Image Advanced Search, you can input which site to search in the “Website:” box.
Can I get additional information about the image?
Yes. When selecting a result image, an image viewer is displayed, which contains various details about the image including: the title, date of collection and pixel dimensions.
Are there any restrictions on the use of the available images?
Arquivo.pt is a free digital preservation service offered to authors of the web. Copyright and usage restrictions are preserved along with the images.
Are images with inappropriate content filtered?
Can I request the removal of images that identify me?
Can I suggest sources of image collection?
Yes. Just suggest your URLs through the form https://arquivo.pt/suggest/