The Arquivo.pt Prizes 2018 award innovative research projects that use materials and information from the free universal access service offered by Arquivo.pt.
Contestants must take advantage of the search engine openly accessible by Arquivo.pt to formulate their proposals.
Submissions to the contest should clearly demonstrate Arquivo.pt’s utility and its unique nature.
All applications must be in Portuguese.
A careful consultation of the following criteria is essential for a successful aplication:
- Regulation of the Arquivo.pt Prizes
- Notice about the Arquivo.pt Prizes 2018
- Technical requirements of the Video
- Document template for the description document (.docx)
- 1st place: 10 000 €
- 2nd place: 3 000 €
- 3rd place: 2 000 €
- May 4, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. (Lisbon time)
Submitted applications can focus on any subject, as long as Arquivo.pt is used as source of information.
Who can apply?
The competition is open to anyone, individuals or groups.
How to apply?
To submit an application please fill the online application form and include:
Publication and dissemination of submitted projects
Submitted projects may be published without compensation but authorship is always guaranteed (Creative Commons Attribution By-Law).
- Alexandra Lourenço, Information Science
- José Pacheco Pereira, History
- Mário J. Silva, Computer Science
- Rute Sousa Vasco, Journalism
- Vasco Trigo, Communication Science
- Technical quality of the application (clarity, presentation, structure)
- Originality and innovation
- Maturity of the work (level of implementation)
- Social impact (application and social adequacy)
- Scientific impact (application and scientific effectiveness)
- Relevant use of Arquivo.pt
The Jury may require personal presentations of the submitted applications in Lisbon, Portugal.
Contest results are expected to be announced in July 2018, pending on the number of submissions received.
Contestants must fill one of the following forms :
- Alternative submission form (does not require a Google account)
Useful references for the development of works
- Examples of research projects developed using Arquivo.pt
- Automatic access to Arquivo.pt (Application Programming Interfaces)
- FCCN Studio available to the national academic community
- Video of the official announcement of the Arquivo.pt Prizes 2018
- Publications about Arquivo.pt
- Regulation of the Arquivo.pt Prizes, Regulation no. 65/2018, Diário da República no. 18/2018, Series II of 2018-01-25